Next in our series of Halloween Potluck inspired recipes is a fantastic fall recipe that will fulfill all of your pumpkin and yam cravings when the weather starts getting cooler. A quick weeknight meal that is not only delicious, but nutritious with the addition of quinoa. A hit for kiddos and adults alike!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Stove Top: 20 minutes
Wonderbag Time: 2 ½ to 3 hours
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbsp minced dry onions or onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups yams, cubed (rinse yams but no peeling required)
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes or 4 medium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, canned
- 1 cup artichokes in oil, drained & coarsely chopped
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
In a 5-6 quart pot, heat olive oil, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add chicken thighs to pot and brown lightly on both sides, about 2 minutes.
Add pumpkin spice, onion powder, salt, pepper and bay leaves to pot, stir to combine.
Add chicken stock, yams, tomatoes, pumpkin puree, and artichoke hearts, bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Add the quinoa, place the lid on your pot and gently boil for an additional 10 minutes.
Place the lidded pot in the Wonderbag for 2 ½ to 3 hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe Credit: iFoodReal, adapted by Heidi Otto